Monday, December 12, 2016

Give a Little


Lately, I have wanted to do more, give more, be more. I don't want my life to pass without meaning, without love, without giving. As I look around me and especially at my generation, I'm overwhelmed by the selfishness of the times. It's sad. I don't want to be a part of it, but I am inevitably caught up in the tide.

We weren't meant to live a life focused on only ourselves. Putting others first makes us grow and gives much meaning to our lives. Generosity gives a much deeper satisfaction to the soul than gluttony ever could.

I strive to choose generosity. I am endlessly on this battle ground. I fight my greed, my need, my desperation for self indulgence. It isn't easy. I am not a champion. I am simply a soldier in an unending and relentless fight. Some days I lose, but some days I win. My only hope is at the very end, I won't be known as selfish, greedy and blind. I want to be a humble and kind fighter for love; one who sees beyond herself.

No comments: