Sunday, June 10, 2012

Emotional

I am.

It’s taken a long time for me to admit this simple thing, to embrace it as part of me. I am a girl, thus being emotional is a normal and very irrational part of who I am. Simple right?

Wrong. I have avoided this admission from the get go. If I did get cornered into admitting it somewhere along the line, the admission would come from my lips but my head and heart screamed “liar!” Now a days, I am well aware that I am emotional. Though I still dislike the admission and the factuality behind it all, I am beginning to accept this.

Allowing myself the freedom of expression is rather new to this Random Girl, but I’m working on it. It’s all a process. And this little part of the process is a shout out to my Random Englishman, who deals with this little emotional minefield with the very best of bravery, love, and grace one could find.

Thank you. Your willingness to stick it out means more to me that you’ll ever know, or maybe you do know. Either way, you’re my hero through it all.

Love,

Your Random Girl x

No comments: