Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Silent Sighs

There is something beautiful about being alone in a house. The prospect of a day filled with quiet and solitude enhances and stirs the possibility of an uninterrupted atmosphere of peace. That is of course if you’re in the mood for it.

I find myself needing peace and quiet a lot more often than I used to. Even loud music has the ability to send my nerves to the other side of irked. I was once told that I would be able to find the peace in the chaos and crowds. When it was said I giggled softly to myself because, at the time, chaos and crowds were what I thrived on. To be in the middle of a noisy mess was what pumped me with energy. I never wished it to settle down or to find peace in it all. If anything, I would rather stir it up to crazier proportions!

Now, I sit and I wonder if that will come about soon and how I should go about practicing this talent without fraying what’s left of my peace to shreds. To find peace in the chaos would be a beautiful and very handy tool, especially now-a-days. I wonder if I’ll get back to the enjoyment of the craziness and chaos. For now though, I am happy with the stillness. It soothes me.

No comments: