Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Quirky Disposition

I’m moody today. Sitting on this couch, I feel as though I’m in the middle of the ocean and waves are tossing me everywhere. At this particular moment, I’m feeling a bit on the peculiar and humorous side of the boat (which in my mind equates to the starboard side) and the image of Captain Jack Sparrow comes to mind. I might as well don a patch and hat, conquer the beast, and search for treasure.

That said, nothing dramatic seems to be happening at the moment other than my active imagination and silly notions. Although, I do have a lonely looking Oreo patiently waiting next to the empty cup of tea that I’ve drunk hours ago. He seems to have missed the opportune time to be ingested and now patiently bides his time until the next cup is steamed up. He’s the last one of his kind and seems to know it. The others in his brigade lost the battle hours ago, but he holds out, the last one standing. The brave little biscuit!

And that ladies and gentlemen, is the only thing I have at this ridiculous moment of the day. I reflect on a cookie and make something out of it. Yikes. I need another cup of tea.

No comments: