Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I Just Need A Plan!

I'm in the middle of finding out where I belong again and it's just plain awkward. I've been on the road since the first of July and I'll be on the road for at least another week and a half. I just want to stop now. I just want to take a deep breath and be able to think a peaceful thought and not have to think about what's on the schedule for the next few hours. Only a little while longer.

This season in my life is aptly named "Transition" and boy is it a killer some days. I'm a planner and I prefer to know what the plan is. Unfortunately, I don't have a long term plan right now and that is driving me wild. I just want to know so that I have something to aim for, something to look forward to! The short term plan that's in place right now is just not enough to keep this girl satisfied. So I wait. I wait and I try to think of a plan.

Unfortunately, this is not the best time to try to think of a plan. Boo. I'm going through the monster that we travelers know quite well. The monster called "culture shock." I've been in at least 6 cultures since July 1st and they are now catching up to me. Let me  tell you, this time, it's incredibly inconvenient as I'm not in a place where I can easily stop and take the time to deal with it. So, I'm emotional, over-tired, and on a roller coaster of sorts for the next little while. Not the greatest of times to be planning your future. *sigh* (Warning: My posting may reflect this up and down journey. I apologize in advance folks.)

But now it is very late in the night and I'm wired from the cup of coffee I had earlier. I feel free and careless. I'm going to regret being up this late when tomorrow morning rolls around, but right now I'm just happy to be writing. I'm happy to be finding this one little normal and consistent piece of life still here. Thankfully I have a laptop and decent internet access. It gives me a little bit of reprieve from the hectic-ness of my circumstances.


No comments: