Monday, January 31, 2011

A Look Inside of Me

Caterpillar over at Musings and Confessions brought up an interesting question. What do you see when you look in the mirror? I find this particularly interesting as this is one of the exercises we use at the school. I like this exercise even though it can be incredibly difficult to face yourself and say who you are. I figured I would write a little about my own experience with this.

So, who do I see when I look in the mirror?

I see someone who is still discovering who she is.

I see a girl who is fighting hard to figure out and establish what and where her place in this world is.

I see somebody with high ambitions that sometimes seem unrealistic, even to herself.

I see short bleach blonde hair and an oval face.

I see piercing eyes that are different every time she looks into them and at times intimidate her.

I see a girl with hopes and dreams, but many of them not clear cut or defined because she can’t nail down just one to run after.

I see a dreamer who doesn’t want her hopes to be dashed on the rocks or her dreams to be shoved aside anymore.

I see someone who tries to be brutally honest with herself, but doesn’t always listen to her own honesty and can easily talk herself out of or into things.

I see a girl on an adventure who tries to stay positive even when that adventure gets dull, hard, or frustrating.

I see someone who is moved by music, no matter the genre.

I see a work in progress and a life worth living.

That is some of what I see.

What do you see when you look in the mirror?

3 comments:

Starlight said...

You see a lovely image, a lovely and nice girl. Thanks for "showing" her to us :)

caterpillar said...

That's a great post...and amazing observations made...

A Random Something said...

Aww thank you ladies. Thank you for taking the time to read my posts. It means a lot to me :)