Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Weekend of the Uninspired

I'm not particularly inspired at the moment. I've been doing a lot of relaxing this weekend and usually this brings with it an air or essence that I cannot even begin to capture with words because it's so wonderful. But not today. Today I sit here, after a wonderful day of perusing "Chapters" with "Starbucks" in hand, seemingly uninspired. I got out this weekend, but still find nothing to in particular to write about.

So here I sit, listening to music on my fat-top, the white noise of the washroom fan in the background, and my own fingers curiously tapping and clicking as I hit the keys on the keyboard. I have bleach in my hair as my roots are in desperate need of touching up and I'm checking my facebook every 10 minutes or so, just in case my father has responded to my message. Which I know he hasn't because it's a Sunday. He most likely has company over.

Yesterday I went to the mall and stopped in H&M, one of my recent favourites. I went straight for the sales rack, as I am on an intern's budget, which is pretty much slim and none. Looking over it I realize that pretty much nothing is in my size. Ugh. Oh, but what have we here? A find! A beautifully ruffled black top!

Mmm! Looks right, check the tag...fail. It has no sale price and is WAY out of my budget. Furiously rummage through the rest of the rack, find two identical tops, in a strange shade of pink, aannd....fail. No sale price on those either. I bother the closest sales associate, who surprises me with the knowledge of saleage and says "Yep, it's on sale!" YES YES YES! Try it on...bingo! It fits. Now, to find out how much it is... It's over 50% off! Cha-ching!


I now have a new dressy top that will look great for the family Christmas dessert night when I head home. Yes!  Now to find a cute little cardigan to match....

2 comments:

Starlight said...

I'm happy for your finding :) I know how depressing is shopping if you have very small amount of money to spend...
Would it be possible to see a picture of the top?

A Random Something said...

Yes! I would love to post a pic of the top! :)