Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Cracked and Filled

I had to go to the dentist on Monday. Ugh ugh ugh. I haven't generally liked going to the dentist. In fact, other than the "absolute need" for going, I would generally like to avoid them. Although, I do like the nice fresh feeling I get after visiting for cleanings. This time though, it was not for cleaning.

I've never really had trouble with my teeth outside of the regular cleanings and braces when I was 10 due to a palate issue. But the teeth? Nope, never. Until now. Boo. 

While on retreat at my new job/internship, I decided to get a beaver tail, which is a lovely dessert made here in Canada. It's a pastry, so it shouldn't be hard right? Right. But while I was enjoying the special treat, I heard a crack and felt a crumble. Then, there was a hole the size of a bead and the shape of a horseshoe. Not pleasant. Being as there wasn't really time on retreat, or a good dentist in the area, I didn't go to the dentist immediately. Well, to be honest, I didn't go until after all the new students arrived and things were a little more settled. 

So this leads us up to Monday at the dentist. I was a little nervous about going and a lot nervous about my insurance. Thankfully, the dentist was the nicest one I've ever been to. His hygienist was SO wonderful and made me feel right at home. She even made me laugh. What hygienist do you know that makes you laugh while you're there? I have never seen one. These people obviously love what they do and love the people they work with. I was SO pleased with them. I will definitely go back, if ever the occasion arises. ;)

No comments: