Thursday, March 25, 2010

Where the deer and the antelope play!

I am headed home for the weekend!!! I am super excited to see everyone back home. I am also thrilled to the core because I know my mom will cook up some good (HEALTHY!) food. I know, I am repeating myself, but it's just so exciting! I eat rice, potatoes, or pasta every single day. It gets old after a while.

You know what though? I am loving all my new friends. It is already feeling like home here. It's such a blessing that it does. I think I would have a hard time otherwise and get so much less out of the experience because I would be homesick. Funny thing, I know that I will miss everyone this weekend. I wish that I could just pack each and every one in my car and drive them down with me, but being as my car doesn't have 75+ seats that is impossible and I have decided to go it alone. Plus, first time home is always the "fill me in" and "I've missed you so much" sort of visit and I kind of wanted it to be just me and the fam. For the first visit anyways.

In other life-goings-on, I lost one of my text books and absolutely no one has seen it. Pooh. There was an announcement made this morning, but so far no bites. Ugh. I don't even like the book, but there is an essay on it due by the end of this month. I have 5 or so days to find it, read it, and write. It is a 250 or more page book. Not bad, but it is deep and has loads of intricate charts and teeny tiny words. I just need to find it. (So if any of you see a book laying around....) ;)

3 comments:

Roland D. Yeomans said...

I think your textbook is hiding out with the leftie from my favorite gloves. They're probably rooming with all the solitary socks that have disappeared from my dryer, too.

I was just blog-surfing and read your post. Enjoy your visit home. I hope you do find your textbook.

Having written countless term papers getting my Bachelor's and Master's degree in Psychology, I know you must want to bay at the moon over the lost work. Roland

GothicScarlet said...

Hey dear,
happy easter holidays! Read a few of your posts and it's nice reading about ya dorm life! Things are all different here in Singapore so, keep on posting and I'll keep on reading! Juz so ya know! ;)

Dee

A Random Something said...

Roland: Thank you for reading my blog! Thankfully I found my book, but I was wild with frustration over the loss even for that short period of time. And I hope you find your leftie glove!

GothicScarlet: Thank you for the lovely Easter wishes! And thank you for reading my blog.