Saturday, August 8, 2009

I made a what? A list? Hahahahaha!

It looks something like this!

When freaking out is non-essential, just make a list. Ha!
Normally, I am not a very "plan ahead" kind of girl. Comparatively, I'm more of a "fly by the seat of your pants and hope they don't rip" sort of person. This is essentially the reason why it takes me an entire day to clean my tiny bedroom.

As today is Saturday, my cleaning/getting things done that I've been putting off for the last week and a half day, I had to clean my room. I did an overhaul last Saturday, but as the week went on it got the slightest bit messy. And by slightest bit messy I mean it looks as though WW3 was fought in there, with clothing lying strewn all over the floor, bed, dresser, closet, and yes it even landed outside the door.

What to do? I could very possibly have let it slide until next Saturday, or the Saturday after that for that matter, but instead decided to do the "responsible" thing and clean up. But this here comes to the "fly by the seat of your pants" predicament I happen to have for a personality and motivator. Normally, I would just furiously tackle the room without a plan, which turns into an onslaught of doing all the little things at once and getting absolutely nothing done. Well, it isn't nothing. In reality it turns out to be 1/2 or 3/4 of each one of the jobs done. Everything is partially complete.

Well, not today! Today was a different sort of day! I.made.a.list. Yep. I did. And you know what, I followed that list. Not in order of course, but I followed it none-the-less! Just don't ask if it's finished. It's a process and it takes time people!

No comments: