Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Time and its slow-speediness

Tick tock tick tock. I'm watching the minutes slowly pass away into the space of time. Ha! Ok, so today is my very last day of school before the summer break begins! I have one last class in 1 hour and 43 minutes. Mmm, I can almost taste the freedom! One more class, one more class, one more tedious class. Not to say I'm anxious or anything. Nope, that's not it at all!

Did you ever notice how time goes slower when you're waiting for something? It's ridiculous! Even though the clock doesn't actually slow down, time seems to drag on and on. What makes it seem like that? What mechanism in our brains makes time slow to a crawl when we wait? Which part makes time speed up when we're having fun? Why does time seem to fly when we're busy doing something or when we're spending time with someone we love? If anyone actually knows the answer to what makes our brains do this, please (!) tell me. I would love to know.

No comments: